Virtual JETC Frequently Asked Questions
What is the status of the 2020 JETC due to COVID-19?
JETC 2020 is now be a Virtual event. Education and General Sessions have been redesigned to be held virtually.
When will the Virtual JETC take place?
Most sessions will take place May 27-29, 2020. There may be some “preview” sessions held prior to this – stay tuned!
What time zone are the sessions listed?
All scheduled events are EDT
How did you determine which sessions to offer at the Virtual JETC?
Our Virtual JETC Education & Training sessions are a result of survey responses from speakers willing to offer their content in a virtual environment. We focused on technical topics so we could still offer the educational value.
Will I be able to watch recordings of the sessions if I cannot watch them in real time?
Yes. All sessions will be recorded so registrants can watch at a time most convenient for them. You must register in order to access the recordings – they will not be accessible on a complimentary basis to those who do not register. If you register for One Track, you will only be able to see the sessions in your track on demand.
Will I be able to download the recordings after Virtual JETC?
No. You will be able to watch the sessions from the Attendee Service Center but the sessions cannot be downloaded.Will I be able to earn PDH credit by attending the Virtual JETC?
Yes! PDH credits will be available for all education and training sessions.
Will I be able to earn AIA credits by attending the Virtual JETC?
Yes! SAME will submit sessions to AIA for approval. We will denote which ones are approved.
What is pricing for the Virtual JETC?
Pricing for the Virtual JETC can be found here: https://www.samejetc.org/virtual_registration.cfm. Two registration options are available:
1. A full-conference package that gives attendees access to the entire program, live and recorded
2.The ability to select a single education & training track to get access, both live and recorded. You will also have access to the General Sessions.Are non-members still going to be able to join as part of their attendee registration?
Yes. Non-members can purchase an individual SAME Membership via the VJETC Registration form.
- Private Sector - $100
- Private Sector Young Member (age 39 and under) - $40
- Government Civilian - $45
- Uniformed Service - $60
- Fully Retired - $40
- Academia/Non-Profit - $45
I was already registered for JETC, what now?
If we do not hear from you by May 8, your registration will automatically be switched to VJETC and you’ll receive a refund for the difference in price.
I registered as a speaker for JETC, what now?
Full refunds will be granted for all speakers who already registered and paid for JETC. Speakers who deliver content at VJETC will receive a free registration.
Are there any virtual exhibiting options?
Yes! VJETC will offer a virtual exhibit hall opportunity which will include the following:
- (1) Complimentary VJETC Registration
- Company listing in our fully searchable marketplace research company directory
- Company listing in our fully searchable product directory
- Ability to upload documents and videos in directory listing
- Logo upgrade in SAME Sustaining Company Membership Directory until December 31, 2020 (for Company members only)
Virtual Exhibits for VJETC will receive a logo upgrade in SAME Sustaining Company Membership Directory until December 31, 2020 (for Company members only). No special code needed since it's included with the fee. Virtual Exhibits will also include the following:
Company listing in our fully searchable JETC marketplace research company directory
Company listing in our fully searchable product directory
Ability to upload documents and videos in directory listing
I was signed up to exhibit for JETC, what now?
Let us know how you’d like to proceed! Please email Exhibit@same.org with your choice. See booth prices here (link to page with prices on it). Here are your options:
1. Apply your current booth sales amount to the VJETC Exhibit Hall and credit the difference in price to your booth at SBC.
2. Apply your current booth sales amount to the VJETC Exhibit Hall and receive a refund for the difference.
3. Apply your current booth sales amount to the VJETC Exhibit Hall and donate all or a portion of the difference to the Society, allowing us to continue to offer high-quality programming and best support our members and stakeholders. Simply let us know the amount you’d like to donate to the Society, and we’ll take care of the rest.
4. Apply your current booth sales amount to the VJETC Exhibit Hall and donate all or a portion of the difference to the SAME Foundation, which will help foster engineering leadership for the nation through programs like the Leader Development Program and summer camps. Simply let us know the amount you’d like to donate to the Foundation, and we’ll take care of the rest.
5. Do not participate in the VJETC Exhibit Hall and credit all your funds to your booth at SBC. Your company will not be listed on the JETC website at all
6. Obtain a full refund. Your company will not be listed on the JETC website at all.
If we do not hear from you by May 8, your booth will automatically be switched to VJETC and you’ll receive a refund for the difference in price.
I booked a hotel room via the JETC housing site. How do I cancel my reservation?
If you reserved a hotel room through the official JETC room block, there is nothing you need to do; SAME and Connections Housing will cancel your reservation for you and you will receive an acknowledgement of such. As no deposits were collected, no money will be refunded.
If you booked a room outside of the block, unfortunately, SAME cannot be of assistance. You are responsible for cancelling that reservation on your own.
No further action is required from you in regard to your hotel reservation. If you have questions, please contact Connections Housing via email at SAME@ConnectionsHousing.com.
Should you wish to have your hotel reservation reinstated, please contact Connections Housing at your convenience.
*If you have been contacted by any company offering any type of Attendee list, it is Spam and not authorized by SAME.*