Public Sector Post President Stipends
SAME is offering complimentary registration, airfare and hotel stay of up to four nights to public sector Post Presidents of small and medium posts. Post Presidents accepting the stipend must attend a meeting of Post Presidents: http://www.samejetc.org/schedule_glance.cfm. For details and instructions on Post President stipends, please contact Stacy Smith at email@example.com.
Young Member / Enlisted Stipends - Closed.
Stipends to attend the 2019 Joint Engineer Training Conference and Expo (JETC) will be awarded to active SAME enlisted and young members who have demonstrated support of SAME at the Post or National level and who might not otherwise be able to attend. Recipients must attend the Young Member or Enlisted Member Committee Meeting and the Society Ball. The stipends will provide complimentary registration, round-trip flights, and a hotel stay of up to four nights. Awardees will be accepted based on: SAME Participation; Professional Development; and Accomplishments and Deployments. Submissions closed on March 1, 2019.
- Enlisted Members (Active, Guard or Reserve).
- Young Members (Industry or Government/Military) who are 39 or under at the time of 2019 JETC.
- A Join Date before January 1, 2018 [Note: Stipend recipients are expected to have 18 months of membership in SAME prior to being awarded a stipend to attend JETC].
- Active member of an SAME Post, Field Chapter or National Committee or Council for the past year (as reflected in the application form).
- Priority will be given to individuals who have never attended JETC or have not previously been awarded a stipend.
- A letter of endorsement from the Post or Field Chapter President or Committee or Council Chair supporting the award of a stipend.
- Completion of the online application form, which includes a short summary of SAME Participation; Professional Development; and Accomplishments and Deployments.
- Up to 10 stipends will be awarded.
- Stipend recipients will be notified via e-mail by March 15.
- Stipends will receive complimentary airfare to attend the 2019 JETC (or mileage and parking reimbursement for those in driving distance).
- Stipend recipients will receive a complimentary hotel stay of up to four nights (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) to attend. Stipend recipients are required to stay at the assigned hotel.
- Stipend recipients receive complimentary Full Conference Registration.
- Upon notification of being offered a stipend, awardees will need to confirm they are able to accept the stipend. Then they will receive instructions on how to register for the conference and make hotel and travel reservations.
- Before accepting stipends, nominees must obtain approval from their supervisor and Federal employees (military and civil service) should seek the advice from their local ethics counselor. Military personnel are expected to obtain the government rate at their selected hotel and should adhere to current regulations regarding wearing of the uniform
- Recipients must provide a short 1-2 paragraph summary of their activities at the conference that demonstrates the value of their attendance. Summaries should be submitted to Kathy Off, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 2 weeks after the conference. Failure to send the summary could result in a registration fee charge to your record.
Applications for stipends will be awarded based on favorable review of the application materials. Representatives from the Young Member Council and Enlisted Committee, along with SAME National Staff will review and approve nominations/applications.