AI Applications in the A/E/C Industry - 4 PDH
Monday, May 13, 2024 | 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. EDT
Lafayette 1-2 | Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
$99 for SAME Members | $129 for Non-Members
Register Early, Space is Limited.
Already registered for JETC? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the AI Workshop be added to your registration.
Lt. Cdr. Tim Dahms, P.E., CEC, USN
Lt. Col. Sal Nodjomian, P.E., F.SAME, USAF (Ret.)
Heather Wishart-Smith, F.SAME
ChatGPT and other AI programs took the world by storm in 2023 with major tech companies unleashing their latest and most powerful AI to date. But what is really behind this AI and how does it impact the A/E/C industry? World-renowned experts from Academia will break down AI for you to understand its place in the A/E/C industry, Technology and Innovation leaders from the A/E/C industry will explain how to adopt these technologies for your needs, the different levels of autonomy will be demonstrated by a handful of A/E/C AI tech startups, and a round-table of A/E/C Executives will address risks, rewards, and gaining a competitive advantage from incorporating AI applications into your business.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone wanting to understand the foundational AI vocabulary to better evaluate AI products
- Anyone seeking to integrate AI technologies into their business practices to improve their means and methods for performing work in the A/E/C industry
- Anyone trying to find out what kind of AI technologies already exist for the A/E/C industry
- Anyone who wants to better understand the ROI on AI investment in their business
Why Should You Attend?
- Learn incredible insights about how best to integrate AI applications into your business and help lead your company through the tectonic shift that AI is causing and gain competitive advantages while doing so.
- Gain a better understanding of the foundational elements of what AI is and how it is applied.
- Learn from world-renowned academic and industry experts for integrating AI technologies into the A/E/C industry.
- Hear from several A/E/C tech startups on how their products deliver various levels of autonomy for everyday activities.
- Learn from senior executives why a strategic approach to AI is important to improve ROI and gain competitive advantage.
- Earn 4 PDHs.
Learning ObjectivesAttendees will be able to:
- Breakdown AI into its foundational elements to simplify its complexity and overcome misunderstandings to ensure a common framework of understanding and vernacular.
- Discuss ways to achieve successful adoption of AI applications into your business by addressing technology drivers based on existing data and models and the performance to achieve as well as the business drivers leading to improved value and business transformation.
- Review why AI in the A/E/C industry is only just now taking a foothold, address decision making risk when using AI tools, and provide a showcase of AI applications in the A/E/C Industry demonstrating the varying extent of autonomy and what may be possible in the future.
- Learn how to survive the tectonic shift in the business landscape caused by AI disruption, address the inherent cyber and liability risk of using AI applications, and how best to begin exploiting, monetizing, and gaining a competitive advantage with AI tools.
Module 1 – Breaking Down AIModule 1 will provide an overview of the foundational elements of AI to ensure the audience is beginning from a common framework of understanding and vernacular. Topics covered will include the types of machine learning available using meta data, the types of processing most used and the extent of automation for the A/E/C Industry, and the latest development in AI applications that show the most promise for the industry.
Moderator: Lt. Cdr. Tim Dahms, P.E., CEC, USN, Operations Officer, NAVFAC, Officer in Charge of Construction China Lake
Presenter: Kaushal Diwan, Adjunct Faculty, University of California, Berkeley, BIM and Virtual Design and Construction Technology
Module 2 will highlight how to identify opportunities for adoption of AI applications for existing challenges or weaknesses within your company (aka Finding a Problem) as well as how to take a great new idea or product (aka Finding a Solution) and determine how best to employ it. The panel will address technology drivers based on existing data and models you may have and the performance you hope to achieve as well as the business drivers leading to improved value and business transformation.
Module 2 – Integrating AI into your A/E/C Business
Moderator: Heather Wishart-Smith, F.SAME, Technology and Innovation Strategy Senior Executive, Forbes Contributor and Board Member
Presenters: Kaushal Diwan, Corporate Director Strategic Investments and Partnerships, DPR
Pooja Jain, Senior Vice President of Strategic Innovation, WSP-USA
Tristan Randall, LEED AP BD+C, Strategic Projects Executive, Autodesk
Module 3 will review why AI in the A/E/C industry is only just now taking a foothold, address decision making risk when using AI tools, and provide a showcase of AI applications in the A/E/C Industry demonstrating the varying extent of autonomy and what may be possible in the future.
Module 3 – AI Application Showcase
Moderators: Lt. Cdr. Tim Dahms and Pooja Jain
Presenters: Nick Bowden, CEO, Replica
Sean Griffin, CEO and Founder, Disaster Tech
Fauzan Reza Maulana, CEO and Founder, Rekava
René Morkos, Ph.D., Founder and CEO, ALICE Technologies
Module 4 - Executive Round Table: Lessons Learned of AI Integration
Module 4 rounds out the workshop with a top-notch panel of Senior Business Executives from premier A/E/C firms. This panel will discuss how to survive the tectonic shift in the business landscape caused by AI disruption, address the inherent cyber and liability risk of using AI applications, and determine how best to begin exploiting, monetizing, and gaining a competitive advantage with AI tools.
Moderator: Col. Sal Nodjomian, P.E., F.SAME, USAF (Ret.), CEO, Matrix Design Group
Presenters: Michael Costas, Principal Vice President and General Manager, Bechtel National
John Henderson, CEO, HDR
Karl Jensen, Executive Vice President, National Governments, AECOM